The Aviation Manager of Coulson Aviation Ltd (CAL) will:
1. Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer is accountable for the implementation of the ISO14001:2004 Environmental Management System (EMS) Program.
2. Ensure that through appropriate staff, sufficient monitoring is done and reports submitted to track EMS targets and objectives and periodically review monitoring results.
3. Ensure that the requirements of environmental regulations are met.
4. Work with the Environment Manager, Quality Assurance Manager and Directors of Maintenance to ensure that staff and contractors are trained, SOP’s are maintained to support EMS programs and provide the necessary guidance pertaining to significant environmental aspects.
5. Participate in annual EMS Management Reviews.
6. Obtain and fulfill the requirements of necessary fire, fuel, chemical and waste approvals, permits and inspections related to Coulson Aircrane Ltd’s facilities at the Alberni Valley Regional Airport Hanger and Sproat Lake Flying Tankers base including mobile field operations and ensure that related documents and records are maintained.
7. Maintain a current and appropriate Spill Prevention and Response Plan and training program for CAL facilities.
9. Ensure that all fuel storage facilities meet the specifications of the BC Fire Code (see Coulson Fuel Management Standard).
9. Ensure that the Spill Prevention and Response Plan, the Fire Preparedness Plan and the EMS Policy are posted in common areas at all CAL facilities.
10. Ensure that relevant WHMIS procedures and current Material Safety and Data Sheets (MSDS) are posted in appropriate fuel and chemical storage and use areas.
11. Ensure that semi-monthly inspections are conducted and documented for all CAL facilities.
12. Implement or assign corrective action as required in response to audit findings, inspection or monitoring results, management reviews or incidence reports.
13. Understand the fuels, chemicals and wastes used / generated at each facility and the applicable legal requirements and SOP’s for their handling and use / disposal.
14. Ensure that all CAL facilities appropriately dispose of special or hazardous wastes and maintain all records of waste disposal in the EMS files.
15. Maintain agreements with fuel, chemical and waste suppliers and contractors to ensure appropriate qualifications, handling and disposal, documentation, and that training/awareness of SOP’s is provided.
17. Ensure that EMS records are maintained regarding hazardous chemical purchase, use, or disposal, including solvents and/or acids when used.