5.0 Management Review Rev 2 - May 2/2012 CHANGE LOG
The Management Team reviews and assesses the Environmental Management System (EMS) to ensure that it is maintained, useful and effective. Formal management reviews are undertaken once a year. This review provides the basis for determining improvements needed in the EMS and provides recommendations for amendments as required. Minutes of all Management Team reviews shall be filed in the EMS files by the EMS Clerk/ Forestry Manager.
Each management review will cover the following items and any additional items put forward for review by management or team members:
- Minutes of the previous meetings.
- Reports on recent changes to legislation and regulations and resulting changes needed within the EMS.
- Reports on results from internal and external audits and changes to audit plan.
- Environmental performance summary reports
- Environmental incident report summary.
- Environmental non-conformances
- Corrective and preventative actions undertaken.
- Suitability of aspects, objectives, targets, and environmental programs
- Objectives and targets, and environmental program status and extent to which they are met.
- Concerns raised by agencies, the public or other interested parties.
- Overall effectiveness and suitability of the EMS in relation to changing conditions and information.
The management team will make recommendations or provide other direction, approval or guidance on improving the EMS on any area including:
- Areas of improvement from the above review.
- The annual audit schedule.
- Adequacy of the Environmental Policy for the current business being conducted.
- Confirm or revise objectives, performance goals and targets.